This week includes insights on M&A activity, apprenticeships in franchising, a new brand, and brand leadership changes.
Activity has picked up in the last quarter within franchise lodging brands. Red Lion Hotels bought out Knights Inn; Choice Hotels International bought WoodSpring Suites; Wyndham made a couple of noteworthy single-brand deals, first picking up the Midwestern AmericInn brand before announcing plans to purchase La Quinta. Who is next to bite into the larger trend of consolidation among single-brands lodging?
In the News
- Synergy HomeCare Acquired by Private Equity Firm NextPhase [Home Healthcare News]
- Brinker Int’l Commits to 250 Apprentices for First-of-its-Kind Apprenticeship Program [Restaurant News]
- Marco’s Pizza Offers Recruitment and Apprenticeship Programs [Franchise Update Media]
- St Louis-based Strange Donuts Explores Franchising [Springfield Business Journal]
- Strange Donuts to Open New Location, Begin Franchising [St. Louis Business Journal]
- Cinnabon Names Kristen Hartman Brand President [Nation’s Restaurant News]
- Christian Brothers Automative Shifts Leadership Team to Drive Growth [Franchise Update Media]